A Quilting Blog

Named for my ancestor,
Thankful Day

Friday, September 16, 2011

Sew much to do - sew little time

Wow - working full time really gets in the way of my fun. I also had 3 grandchildren visiting for 1 1/2 months this summer so practically  no sewing got done - except for teaching the girls to make pillowcases.




I am backlogged now on baby quilts so I need to get busy - more grandchildren on the way!  Here is a photo of a Stomp Chomp Roar quilt I made for my grandson (pattern by Pam Manning).  After I made it - several of my friends ran out and bought her book and made quilts for their grandsons!

My favorite method of applique, which I used on this quilt, is using templar, a heat resistant plastic that allows you the starch and iron your fabrice around the template shape.  Then I love to hand stitch it down but I must admit, I may start doing a little more machine stitching from now on.  The backlog of projects is growing!

1 comment:

  1. I love your Stomp chomp quilt!! I am sure it will be cherished! Soon the weather will change and the visitors will lesson then you can think of all your quilts to get done. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete