A Quilting Blog

Named for my ancestor,
Thankful Day

Monday, April 25, 2011

If I didn't have to work full time....

Well, making a living and paying the bills definitely gets in the way of the really important things in life.  Can you tell I haven't had much time to sew recently?  That equates to base-line grumpiness of attitude for me.  At any rate, I finished my block testing last month for Volume 3 of Quiltmakers 100 blocks.  It was a lot of fun and used a variety of techniques that made it interesting.  I even got my name in the front of the book!

Although the craziness of my husband's impending research schedule has caused me to scale back other activities, such as block testing, I hope to be able to participate for further issues.

In addition I am currently working on Halloween 1904 by Blackbird designs and also getting ready to start on another dozen or so charm square tote bags.  Probably a few baby quilts too.

Recently one of my quilts was featured in our local paper because I gave a presentation to the local Daughters of the American Revolution chapter and showed them my quilt.  I was actually substituting for my hubby who had a schedule conflict ... and they most heartily expressed after my presentation that they were very glad he wasn't able to make it!

1 comment:

  1. If we all didn't have to work fulltime! That's so cool your name is in the magazine! If it's printed, you need to get a copy of that!

    ReplyDelete